my 1950s inspired Christmas-y, polka-dot dress

8:05 PM

Hello all!

I hope everyone's Christmas was absolutely FABOULOUS!  Mine was practically perfect in every possible way.  Today I wanted to share some pictures of the dress I made for my Grandmother's Christmas Eve brunch!  The time spent with family eating super DELISH breakfast food was so relaxing and so so fun! (another post on the brunch and other Christmas shenanigans coming soon!)  

I made this dress from a vintage 1950s Butterick pattern.  It was incredibly easy and super fun to do!




The fabric is a simple printed cotton I purchased at Jo-ann's.  It was only $5 a yard so the entire dress was fairly inexpensive as well!  


*me attempting to look all cute and "vintage-y" but also kinda failing at it*


Also, I apologize for the messy floor, we had a fire going and tree bark was literally everywhere.


Next time my creative juices are flowing I plan on taking pictures of the process and giving ya'll a tutorial.  Honestly the only reason I didn't get pics for this dress was because I forgot... oops. ;)

Merry Christmas to all! (even though it's a day late. :)

Jesus is the reason we celebrate!

//

Lizzy 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

What I'm Reading Currently...

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte


Through Gates of Splendor by Elizabeth Elliot


David Copperfield by Charles Dickens


Bonhoeffer by Eric Metaxas


//

//

Subscribe