personal // spring is in the air

8:29 PM

Hello everyone and happy Spring! 

I think Spring might be one of my favorite seasons because there are signs of new life everywhere you go!  Not only are the trees turning green and violets popping up out of the ground but we also celebrate Easter in Spring!  Resurrection Day is such a wonderful reminder of what Jesus Christ did for us by dying on the cross.  He loved us with such an endless, awe-inspiring love that  He.  Took.  Our.  Place.  THEN! He rose again so that we could have new life!  Oh how my heart sings! 


So, without further adieu.... I wanted to share a bit of what I've been up to lately.  My family and I are completely soaking up all of this warm weather (it was 75 degrees today!), taking lengthy strolls, through the forest surrounding our home, taking a dip in our little creek, and playing with our sweet puppy dog.



My brother captured my reaction to finding an empty water bottle in the woods.  I spotted it and ran to pick it up shouting, "LITTER!  SOMEBODY LITTERED!"  I snatched it up with disgust.  I was basically furious if you can't tell.  Also, there was a stick in the way, so you may not be able to see all of the furious-ness.  That's probably a good thing though, honestly... *cue awkward silence* 

                  

 

The boys found a tree to climb!  Can't you just imagine curling up with a book up there among the boughs?











I have absolutely no idea what we're doing in these pictures, but it made me laugh pretty hard.









I just finished a lovely little book called Behind The Canvas by Alexander Vance.  Gosh, how fun it was!   Such thrilling adventure of art, paintings, bravery, creativity, and finding the artist inside us all. 

//

After our walk we took a trip to the creek.  Boy, was it COLD!








Below you see me (not so gracefully) running down the stream. 
My sister's and the adorable dogs would make a cute picture so I may have ruined it with my flailing and tripping and splashing, but oh well.  I was having a good time.  EVEN, amidst the flailing, tripping and splashing. 😉




//

I hope everyone has a fantastic Easter weekend!
Until next time!

Lizzy


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

What I'm Reading Currently...

Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte


Through Gates of Splendor by Elizabeth Elliot


David Copperfield by Charles Dickens


Bonhoeffer by Eric Metaxas


//

//

Subscribe